Friday, March 26, 2010

The Parrot Tico Tango by Anna Witte


The Parrot Tico Tango seems to be a book intended to be about second chances. We all do something we wish we didn’t do. However, this parrot takes all the animals’ fruit and has no remorse. That is, until he is caught. Then he asks for forgiveness. Just like in real life, many criminals feel sorry for what they have done after they have been caught. I don’t very often hear about the people who feel bad about what they have done and take steps to undo what they have done until they have officially been caught in the act. Everything is situational though. I wonder what the parrot would have done if he wouldn’t have dropped all of the fruit?

It seems like a lot of these authors have sentimental values to the books they write. I find, in my opinion, there is a lot of insight or messages to young children and many times adults in numerous children’s books. There were lots of deep bright red, blue, yellow, and green colors. I, unfortunately, still wasn’t a big fan of the illustrations. I think some of the colors and drawings should have been a lot more subtle. Furthermore, I think the intention was to create a rhyming scheme with the words but, again, I think this failed too. I am on the fence as to whether I value this to be a good children’s book or not. I would like to present it to a child and see how engaged they get.

No comments:

Post a Comment