Friday, March 19, 2010

Midterm Reflection

It has been such a great semester so far. Honestly, I feel such a great amount of freedom of expression. It was wonderful having no pressure and specific formula that I had to mold to. It left me with copious options to speak about my own interpretations and views of the books that I have read. Frankly, it has really opened my eyes more than ever before about what literature has to offer. I don’t feel the pressure to conform to a textbook expected response. I feel like I can openly communicate my thoughts and feeling without the fear of being ridiculed. There is no ‘correct’ response. Of course, I may attribute it some to my growth as a reader and a learner. I never expected to be a blogger and let alone, someone to enjoy blogging. I used to have a different opinion of blogging. It just proves that you really can’t judge something until you thoroughly and truly understand or experience it yourself. I have had the chance to analyze some wonderful children books and get a further understanding of richness many of these books have to offer. The most surprising thing to me so far this semester is my love for Graphic Novels. I must admit, I did not think I would, at all, become a fan but I actually ended up really appreciating them. Lastly, after reading and commenting on several controversial books I look in retrospect and realize how naïve I used to be. This is all new to me and I am grateful for this opportunity. It gives me a practice run before I have to face the real thing in a classroom. I hope to continue having positive memorable experiences throughout the rest of the semester that will help me continue to learn and grow as a teacher and more importantly a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment