Thursday, January 28, 2010

I Lost My Kisses by Trudie Trewin and Nick Bland



This is about a young calf who loves to give kisses. One day she thinks she lost her kisses and starts looking everywhere for them. Her mom tries to tell her they will always be there when she needs them. Her daddy is flying home today and she is worried she won’t find them in time to give her daddy a kiss. She searches everywhere and when her dad arrives a big kiss comes out and that when she realizes the kisses are inside her and will always be there when she needs them.

This book is so adorable. It put me in such a good mood after I read it. I love the illustrations. They were simple yet enchanting. It was neat how the animals in the book are all black and white and the clothes they are wearing are in color. It brought a sense of liveliness into the animals. Matilda Rose just looks so innocent and fun loving. I instantly fell in love with her. This is a magnificent story about love and affection. It would be a wonderful bedtime tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment