Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dirt on My Shirt by Jeff Foxworthy



This is a fun-loving joyous book with all kinds of adventures that explore many themes that all revolve around the truths of life. I think it is a fantastic book because it really centers on happiness and how the small things in life can mean so much. It reminds me of my innocence as a child. For example, one page talks about fly away balloons and wondering where they go. I used to write my name and address on helium balloons to try to determine how far and where they travel to. There is so much curiosity as a child and this poem picture book plays a lot into a child’s nosiness nature. This is such a fun-loving book. It really touches on the perspective of the child and the joys they have doing every things such as taking a bubble bath or playing hide-and-seek. It is quite interesting to see Jeff Foxworthy write a poetry book because I when I think of him I think of a comedian about rednecks. This truly shows his multidimensionality. I think almost anyone can relate to some of these poems in this book. I love it reaches such a wide audience. I think this would suffice any grade level because we all experience these things at one time or another in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment